Tuesday 17 February 2009

Lethal redhead

My friend Philip Martin, a French film director asked me to prepare an illustration for a printed version of his scenario "Lumiere Noire". The main female character of this beautifully written story is a haunting redhead who turns out to be not the girl we expect her to be. Here are couple of versions of the illustration I did - Philip liked the one with the couple the most. My favourite one is a portrait with the skull shirt - very Parisian, me thinks.

For more details about extremely talented Phil go to http://just.phil.free.fr/ He is working on his new scenario now and I have promised to prepare some illustrations for this one too but so far -mea culpa- I just did a couple of sketches but no finished work. However that love story is so beautiful that I have no choice but sit down and continue my work!